Friday, August 22, 2014

who gave you permission to grow up?


since when did my baby become a boy? i suppose it was in between all the diaper changes, nose wipes, picking up his toys and discarded food on the floor. wiping his tears, laughing at his jokes, and thinking, "is it nap time yet?!" that's when. as the chiched saying goes, "they grow up in a blink of an eye." truer words have never been spoken.

today we were ready..1st day of preschool! all the excitement....and a FOG delay. Yes, here in ohio, we have delays over FOG. that's just odd..coming from missouri, you just drove through the fog. However, fog and all, we drove to town with daddy, brother and sister to get doughnuts for breakfast. we take 'first days' around here pretty seriously--doughnut worthy :) and coffee worth for mommy.

The time came and we went to drop him off. It was just the kids and me. Daddy had to get to work. So we went in, I did the infamous cubby picture, and we said our goodbyes. My first thought was, "is he going to be embarrassed to hug and kiss me?" quickly i remember he was 4--4 1/2 TODAY to be exact. he gave me a hug and kiss. i told him to have fun, and he of course replied, "i will!" 



he just HAD to love on sis before we left.

Crew, Charlotte and I went to the coffee shop to pass the hour before we had to pick him up. I enjoyed a favorite drink, chatting with a few friends that stopped in, and it was time to go! 

Tag LOVED his time at preschool. He survived, we both survived. I was so happy he enjoyed it, and he can't wait to go back! I asked him what his favorite part of his day was, and he said it was putting stickers on a paper. And he asked that as soon as we got home to go straight to the "shop" to show daddy his paper. He was so proud, and we're so proud of him. 



We're praying for a safe and fun year filled with lots of learning, too! we love you, buddy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment